Sunday, July 10, 2011

melbourne cbd, 6/7.

I think it's fair to say that this week we have truly seen the shit side of winter. Generally speaking I like winter, I like the clothes you can wear, all the warm food and having a good snuggle. However even for a winter lover like myself, a winter week like this one has been horrible. We headed out on thursday to try and find some good people to take photos of that were prepared to brave the cold, we had limited success for hours, however when the rain got its marching orders we found lots of lovely faces around the city.
M.
 This was the first girl I took a photo of for the day, I was sucked in not only because she was obviously a thousand times warmer than I was, but there's not much cuter than a Panda!
M.


The shots above and below were taken in an alleyway between Melbourne Central. There were some great doorways and I knew at once that I had to take some photos in this location. What struck me about the girl above was definitely her coat, it looked so warm and snug! What caught my eye about the girl below was her bear/panda hat that she bought on Acland St, St Kilda. What a buy!
B.

 I have a cardigan very similar to the one the girl above is wearing so I thought I better get a quick snap. My cardigan like this one is so comfy and is my favourite thing to wear around the house, so I was jealous of how at peace with life she must have been! She was also very cute and nice. While walking around on thursday a conversation arose about how much more enjoyable it is to take photos of nice people over people who simply think they're too cool for school. Luckily those dickheads are pretty rare!
M.
This guy was nice enough to grab some shelter with me as I took his photo. He was in a band from QLD playing at the Northcote Social Club in the next few weeks.
B.
This girl walked by as i'd almost given up on finding anyone for the rest of the day. Not only did her shoes stand out, when she put on her retro sunnies the photo was complete. Perfect example showing that winter doesn't just mean bland, dark colours, rather can be a great time to sport a bit of colour on the street.
B.


 I've really been digging the old double colour match latly, this guy looked cool with his red shoes and jumper, it's very suttle but at the same time grabs your attention.
M.
 These amazing looking individuals are from a band called Persia, we tried to look them up via various means such as myspace however had no success. If you happen to find them let us know and we will post up a video for them.
M.

This guy immediately stood out with an awesome 'abstract' jumper. While being warm it also makes a statement which I love. Not sure if he bought it new or second hand but I've seen similar ones at Savers before and have been extremely tempted. If you haven't yet given second hand jumpers and 'cardi's' a try this is the perfect time to start. Not only are they cheap, if you're lucky they'll be 100% woolen. With such warmth there's no excuses for not venturing outside and staying in by the heater all day. 
B.



As i've talked about before, some days certain things stand out to me. Last week long socks, this week- various shoes. We were lucky yesterday to come across many people making their mark through what they were wearing on their feet. Not only did this guy stand out to us with his bow tie and vibrant colours, the vintage tones of his shoes contrasted beautifully with the black of his jeans. 
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment